We are looking for a community editor who will have a pulse on the Kingston community and will write about issues that matter to them. The community editor will have exceptional writing and editing abilities and be able to leverage social media to connect with our readers.
The community editor will:
- Write 2-3 articles per month
- Be available to edit articles as needed from team members or community contributors
- Be willing to take on writer(s)
- Cover issues relating to city council, community groups and bring attention to new issues in the community
- Commit 4-6 hours bi-weekly
- 1-2 years of experience in journalism or broadcasting environment
- Proven language, writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian Press Style Guide
- Knowledge of journalism ethics and law
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to manage with a team
This is a voluntary position. However, a successful candidate may be compensated for well performing articles (to be discussed) and will be reimbursed for expenses. A letter of reference will also be provided. Additional compensation opportunities may be offered a later date.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, and 1 to 2 samples of their previous work.
Please fill out of the form below or email [email protected]