Queen’s University has announced that some of its outdoor fitness facilities will reopen for individuals effective today.
The announcement comes following the Government of Ontario’s rollout of its plan to safely protect the province. The three phase roadmap is expected to move into its first phase around the week of June 14th. In the meantime, they have permitted outdoor recreational amenities to reopen.
Effective Tuesday May 25, the following outdoor facilities will re-open for individual fitness use.
- Nixon Field
- Tindall Field
- Tindall Field Running Track
- Summerhill Tennis Courts
There will still be several conditions for those who use the facilities, these include:
- Compliance with all provincial and public health requirements
- Individual activities only (e.g. singles tennis) – no team activities, no games, no classes
- Physical distancing – minimum of 3 metres apart – required at all times
- Any group is limited to 5 people
- Individuals must remain at least 3 metres apart from each other
- Face coverings must be worn at all times
- Bring hand sanitizer/water; wash hands before/after use of the facility
- No dogs permitted
- Use of facilities is at one’s own risk
- Directions of Queen’s Campus Security and University staff must be followed
“All other Athletics & Recreation facilities, including the Athletics and Recreation Centre, ALL fields and buildings at the West Campus remain closed,” said Queen’s Athletics and Recreation management in a statement.
For more information, visit gogaelsgo.com/covidupdate