After over a decade of being absent from the retail landscape, Zellers has announced that they’re making a comeback to Canada.
According to the news release, the new Zellers will be opening inside already existing Hudson’s Bay stores and measure between 8,000 and 10,000 square feet. Merchandise will also be available online.
The Zellers website has already been opened and they’re inviting future customers to sign up for up dates while an exact opening date is being planned.
“We missed your face,” writes Zellers to customers on their website. “That’s why we’re debuting a brand spankin’ new zellers.ca and opening up 25 locations (to start!) within select Hudson’s Bay stores across the country – so you can see for yourself what all the excitement about.”
One of the 25 locations will be at Kingston’s Cataraqui Centre. Other Ontario locations include Burlington, Cambridge, London, Mississauga, Ottawa, Scarborough and St. Catherines.
Zellers was last in Kingston in 2013, a couple years after HBC announced plans to sell the majority of its remaining Zellers leases to Target Corp.
Target’s entry to Canada ultimately failed. On January 15th, 2015, Target Canada announced they would be closing all of their stores and liquidating, resulting in over 17,500 job losses. 100 of those jobs were in Kingston.
All locations that are re-opening:
- CF Pacific Centre, Downtown Vancouver
- Aberdeen Mall, Kamloops
- Guildford Town Centre, Surrey
- 7 Oaks Shopping Centre, Abbotsford
- Kingsway Garden Mall, Edmonton
- Medicine Hat Mall, Medicine Hat
- Sunridge Mall, Calgary
- Midtown Plaza, Saskatoon
- St. Vital, Winnipeg
- Erin Mills, Mississauga
- Burlington Mall, Burlington
- White Oaks Mall, London
- Scarborough Town Centre , Scarborough
- Pen Centre Shopping Plaza, St. Catharines
- Cambridge Centre, Cambridge
- CF Rideau Center, Ottawa
- St. Laurent Center, Ottawa
- Cataraqui Town Centre , Kingston
- Place Rosemère, Rosemère
- CF Galeries d’Anjou, Ville Anjou
- Carrefour de l’Estrie, Sherbrooke
- Les Promenades Gatineau, Gatineau
- Les Galeries de la Capitale, Quebec City
- Micmac Mall, Dartmouth
- Mayflower Shopping Mall, Sydney